Sunday, January 8, 2017

Snowscene Houses Foil Christmas Card


Yes, I know it's January... but some people like to get a head start on making their Christmas cards! This is one I actually made in November, but as I mentioned before, I only managed to make a few Christmas cards so I decided to save them til next Christmas when hopefully I will have made more.

This one uses a set and a design that came with one of the card making magazines I subscribed to for a few months at the end of last year. It came with several sheets of die cut toppers and backing papers of varying sizes.

This card shows a snowy scene with a festive sentiment at the front. I started by choosing a piece of backing paper - this is all one piece, including the stripe two thirds of the way down and the different pattern at the bottom.

I then added the main topper, a silver foil-edged picture of a snowy street, and mounted the small topper with the sentiment overlapping slightly. I cut a piece of border - on another sheet of card provided - into three sections: two to go diagonally over the corners of the card and one to come down from underneath the sentiment. The pieces are all glued flat but this card would also look good if you used adhesive pads to raise some of the elements off the card.

I'm sharing this with Ecletic Ellapu, a blog which is hosting a Christmas card making challenge. There are two themes, one of which is 'anything Christmas'. I'm also sending this to another site called Christmas Card Challenges.

0 comments:

Post a Comment